This series of posts covers Titan Books' current plans for its series of Philip José Farmer reissues, which fall under the umbrellas Wold Newton Series and Grandmaster Series.
Today I'm pleased to announce that Titan will be reissuing Farmer's The Wind Whales of Ishmael as part of their Grandmaster Series.
First published in 1971, Farmer's masterful SF sequel to Herman Melville's Moby-Dick has not seen an English edition in over 30 years.
Ishmael, lone survivor of the doomed whaling ship Pequod, falls through a rift in time and space to a future Earth—an Earth of blood-sucking vegetation and a blood-red sun, of barren canyons where once the Pacific Ocean roared.
Here too there are whales to hunt—but whales that soar through a dark blue sky....
Hugo Award-winner Philip José Farmer has spun a fascinating tale of whaling ships and seamen of the sky in a bizarre future world where there are no seas to sail and no safe harbor to call home....
Titan Books' edition of The Wind Whales of Ishmael is scheduled for March 2013.
To recap, here is the lineup to date. Continue to watch this space as I'll be revealing more over the next few days.
Wold Newton Series
The Peerless Peer (June 2011)
- Afterword by Win Scott Eckert
The Other Log of Phileas Fogg (May 2012)
- Afterword by Win Scott Eckert: "Only a Coincidence: Phileas Fogg, Philip José Farmer, and the Wold Newton Family"
- Chronology by Win Scott Eckert: "A Chronology of Major Events Pertinent to The Other Log of Phileas Fogg"
Time’s Last Gift (June 2012)
- Afterword by Christopher Paul Carey: "John Gribardsun and the Prehistoric Wold Newton Family"
- Chronology by Win Scott Eckert and Dennis E. Power: "Gribardsun through the Ages: A Chronology of Major Events Pertinent to Time’s Last Gift"
Secrets of the Nine: Parallel Universe
A Feast Unknown (October 2012)
Lord of the Trees (November 2012)
Lord Tyger (July 2012)
- Introduction by Joe R. Lansdale
- Foreword by Paul Spiteri
The Wind Whales of Ishmael (March 2013)