At the risk of overwhelming Meteor House with even more books to ship after this year's FarmerCon X / PulpFest 2015, I'd like to note that it's been almost two years since I had the privilege of editing the deluxe hardcover edition of Philip José Farmer's masterful Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life--one of the true highlights of my editing career.
“Written with wit and charm, sprinkled with allusions, this is a book to delight both science fiction and mystery fans” (Library Journal).
The deluxe hardcover and the trade paperback edition both feature a brand new foreword by me, updates to the “List of Doc Savage Stories” including the latest novels, and rare material culled from Mr. Farmer’s notes, restored to the book exclusively in these editions.
The deluxe hardcover edition also features the following bonus material:
• Tributes by other Farmer and Doc experts, including John Allen Small, Keith Howell, Rick Lai, Art Sippo, Christopher Paul Carey, and current Doc Savage writer Will Murray
• Doc’s Coat of Arms, reconstructed by me and illustrated by Keith Howell, from notes by Philip José Farmer
• A List of Doc Savage Comics by me and John Allen Small, a rundown of authorized Doc Savage comics which supplements Mr. Farmer’s List of Doc Savage Stories
• Writing Doc’s Biography by Philip José Farmer
• Afterword to Doc Savage Omnibus #13 by Philip José Farmer
There are also trade paperback and ebook editions (without the bonus material) published by our friends at Altus Press.
Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the beautiful cover art by current Doc Savage artist Joe DeVito!
The hardcover sold like hotcakes at FarmerCon VIII / PulpFest 2013, and Meteor House still has copies available.
Check it out!